Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum says damage is widespread throughout the city following storms that packed 100 mph winds.
During a press conference this afternoon, Bynum said he had signed an emergency declaration. He said city crews are working to clear roads and utility crews are working to restore power, but it could be several days before all service is restored.
Cooling stations were activated in Tulsa at the following locations:
- Reed Park Community Center, 4233 S. Yukon Ave., from 2 – 8 p.m.
- Lacy Park Community Center, 2134 N. Madison Pl., from 2 – 8 p.m.
- John 3:16, 506 N. Cheyenne Ave.
- Salvation Army, 102 N. Denver Ave.
- Tulsa County Social Services, 2301 Charles Page Blvd.